The right fax cover sheet can help your correspondence appear professional and orderly. Instead of scribbling a "to" and "from" message on the first page of your outgoing faxes, utilize one of these free customizable fax cover sheet.
Free Printable Fax Cover Sheets
Download either of the free customizable, printable cover sheets below by clicking the image of your choice. These documents are appropriate for personal or professional faxes. Note that the LoveToKnow logo will not appear on the printed page. The file will open as a PDF that you can edit, save and print. If you need help downloading the cover sheet, check out these helpful tips.
Using these Fax Cover Sheet Templates
Once you have opened the cover sheet of your choice, just click in any of the shaded areas to add information. Use the "comments" section to provide instructions or notate important details, such as whether the fax is of a confidential or personal nature. Once the form has been completed, you can download to save and/or print. Alternately, you may want to print a few copies of the blank fax cover sheet so you'll have quick access to printed forms that can be filled in using a pen whenever you need to send a fax.
More Fax Cover Page Options
If you want more options for fax cover sheets to print, consider these options:
- Microsoft offers several free and easy-to-use Word templates for fax cover pages. If you don't have Microsoft Word, this template from Google is a good option. These are great free options, and it's easy to add your logo for brand identity.
- Starre Software is a cover page software application that will allow you to print your logo on a pre-formatted fax cover sheet, as well as, check your spelling and store unlimited names and fax numbers for easy recall. Registration is required; it costs $19.
- Edraw Max is vector-based and rich with options for creating basic or fancy fax cover sheets. You can start with a free trial. One-year subscriptions are $99. Longer-term subscriptions are also available.
Electronic Fax Services
Internet fax-to-email services can simplify the process of sending faxes. It creates a paperless faxing environment and allows you to fax from anywhere you have Internet access. This technology is sometimes hosted on remote servers and sometimes in the cloud, and it allows users to send and receive faxes through computers, tablets, and smartphones. Images are crisp and colorful, and users are no longer tethered to telephone cables.
A few examples of electronic fax services are:
- eFax plans start at $16.95 per month, plus a one time set-up fee of $10.00. The system allows users to append signatures, coordinates with Microsoft Outlook, and is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Nextiva provides local fax numbers to its users. Plans start at $20 per month, per user. The system will also automatically re-send faxes that don't go through the first time.
Cover Sheets With Electronic Faxes
While fax cover pages are not mandatory when sending electronic faxes, most people still find them helpful. Most electronic faxing services offer three options:
- A basic default page
- A selection of pages to use instead of the default
- Custom cover pages
Faxing may be informal or casual, but it should never be unprofessional. A few simple nods to etiquette can keep you in good standing--and save precious time for your recipients.
What to Include on a Fax Transmittal Page
Your fax cover sheet should always include the following:
- Your name
- Your contact information
- Number of pages being sent, including the cover page
- Name of recipient
Optional Confidentiality Disclaimer
Many faxers go one step further and add a privacy disclaimer, if applicable. This is usually near the bottom of the page. The language varies from company to company, but one example is:
- "The contents of this fax transmission belongs to the sender and may include proprietary and confidential information of Company ABC."
When sending confidential or time sensitive material, it's advisable to call the recipient to let him or her know that the fax is on the way.
Fax Transmission Tip
Whether you are sending a traditional or an electronic fax, it may be helpful to think of the cover as the envelope containing your message. It ties the pages together, provides delivery information, and tells the recipient who sent the fax.