Whether you are looking for customer appreciation gifts, trade show giveaways or employee incentive awards, there are many promotional product options appropriate for business gift-giving. From items costing just a few dollars to high end items that recipients are likely to keep and use for years, options abound when you are looking for logo merchandise to use for gifts.
Pens are a popular specialty item for business giveaways. There are low cost options starting at under $1 each, suitable for using as general giveaways to everyone who visits your location or stops by your trade show exhibit. Also available are more upscale options costing up to $25, suitable for customer and employee appreciation gifts.
- Lowest-cost pens: 4Imprint.com carries a nice selection of pens that cost less than $1 each, making them excellent choices for general giveaway items.
- Mid-range pens: Staples carries a wide selection of pens, including a number of nice, professional-looking writing instruments priced just under $5 each. These are good customer appreciation gifts, as well as leave-behind items appropriate for business-to-business sales representatives to use.
- Higher-end pens: High quality imprinted executive pens like the Parker are available for around $20. These items are popular years-of-service gifts for long-term employees and can also be used to say "thank you" to top customers.
Shirts are popular promotional items, with companies using them for everything from employee uniforms to gift-with-purchase promotions. Promotional shirts are available in a variety of styles, colors, sizes and prices. Logos and promotional messages can be screen-printed or embroidered.
- t-shirts: Branders offers an excellent selection of promotional t-shirts for men, women and children. Depending on quantity purchased and style selected, shirt prices range from $3.50 to $10 each. Branders offers a free sample shirt to prospective customers, so you can be sure of product quality before placing an order. Branders also provides free logo clean-up to customers upon request.
- Golf shirts: Golf shirts are also great options for promotional giveaways. If you are looking for a wide variety of options, shop with epromos. The company carries golf shirts priced as low as $7 each and top-of-the-line styles priced around $30. Many colors are available, as well styles for men and women.
- Button-down shirts: Through its Business Outfitters division, Lands' End carries a nice selection of apparel items that can be embroidered with company logos. Options include polo shirts for men and women in a wide variety of colors as well as long-sleeve sleeve denim tops for men and women. Prices range from $30 - $45 each.
Shirts aren't the only fashion item that can be used for business gifts. You can have logos imprinted on many types of accessories. Popular choices include:
- Hats: If you like the idea of having logo hats made, there are plenty of options to consider. ShowYourLogo.com has something for every season, offering an outstanding selection of embroidered hats, visors and winter caps in knit and fleece styles. The price range for baseball caps is $3 to $10, with visors and winter caps costing between $2 and $4 each.
- Aprons: If you sell products that are in any way related to the food industry, or if you simply have customers or employees who like to cook, promotional aprons can be a great option. Motivators.com carries several styles, as does AmeriPromo. Promotional aprons typically cost between $2 and $8 each.
Imprinted bags make nice promotional giveaway items. Whether you choose low-cost reusable grocery bags or higher end totes designed for use as gym bags or computer cases, recipients are sure to appreciate - and use - this type of item.
- Gym bags: If your company wants to be viewed as one that promotes healthy lifestyles, gym bags can make excellent logo items. 4Imprint.com offers a wide range of styles and colors in price ranges varying from low-cost casual bags less than $5 each to bags worthy of a professional athlete that sell for more than $100.
- Messenger bags: If you have employees or customers who carry laptops to and from work or who travel frequently for business, providing them with an imprinted messenger bag can be a great way to turn them into walking billboards for your company. PromoManagers carries a complete selection, with inexpensive bags costing around $5 to high end bags designed to protect laptops that are priced at about $50.
- Reusable tote bags: With so many consumers getting in the habit of using reusable bags when they go to the supermarket, custom-printed tote bags are a low-cost promotional option that is likely to be appreciated and used over and over.
Desk accessories make great promotional giveaways, especially for companies that sell products and services to other businesses. When customers and prospects place items on their desks that feature your company's logo it helps your company maintain top-of-mind-awareness.
- Mouse pad: With most people using computers at home and work, mouse pads are promotional items likely to be put to use. CustomMousePad.com is a great resource for ordering custom-printed mouse pads. Styles are available in a wide variety of price ranges, starting at less than $1 each for thin, plain pads up to $15 each for wrist-rest style pads.
- Business card holder: Providing imprinted business card holders to employees and customers can be a great way to get your company's name out there. Inhead.com carries many styles, including those designed to be carried on a purse or pocket as well as desktop card holders. There is even one style with a built-in calculator. Material options include vinyl, leather and metal. Prices range from $2 to $20.
- Desk organizers: Choosing desk organizers as promotional products can be a great way to encourage front-and-center placement for your company's logo and marketing message. PromosLogos.com offers an excellent selection of options, including pen holders, sticky note dispensers, organizing trays and several other styles. Prices range from $2 to $4 per item.
When shopping for promotional gifts, it's important to keep in mind that the per item price is only one component of the cost. When ordering promotional items, you'll need to consider the set-up fees, the cost of customization and the minimum order size. Fees and ordering requirements vary greatly from one vendor to another, as well as for different types of products. No matter what type of products you decide to use, be sure to get a complete price quote that includes all customization and shipping.
No matter what items you select, be sure to choose quality products that people will keep and use so that the recipients and their contacts will be exposed to your marketing message on a regular basis. Be sure that your selection appropriately reflects your company's image, helping to build its brand identity.