Whether selling a product or providing a service through your business, you can benefit from using free invoice forms.
Parts of an Invoice
When looking for free invoice forms be sure that the form you choose includes the following basic components too make it clear and easy for the customer to read:
Company Name and Contact Information
Make sure your company name, address, and contact information is prominently displayed on the invoice. This makes it easy for customers to contact you with questions or concerns about their account.
Customer Name and Address
The customer's name and address should be clearly noted on the invoice. If possible, address the invoice to the attention of a specific person when billing a company. In a situation where you are dealing with a large corporation or don't know the name of the person who looks after paying invoices, sending it to the attention of "Accounts Payable" will make sure it gets to the right department.
A Detailed List of Products or Services Bought or Provided
List in detail the products sold or the services provided, including the date of purchase or shipment. In the case of an item being ordered or sold multiple times, the cost per unit should be indicated, along with the extended total.
The customer should be advised when payment is due and what forms of payment your business accepts. If you charge a late fee when the bill remains unpaid after a certain date, do indicate this on your invoice. The same policy should apply to interest being charged on unpaid invoices. Let the client or customer know that interest will be charged and what the rate will be.
Add a Thank You
This next item may seem like a little thing, but it's important. Your clients or customers are the reason you are in business. When you send out an invoice, take the time to thank them for their business. Everyone likes to feel appreciated, and your customers or clients are no exception.
Where to Find Free Invoice Forms
Here are some examples of web sites offering free invoice forms:
- A free Excel Invoice Template is available at Office-Kit.com. This option is designed to meet the needs of small business owners who want to be able to generate invoices quickly and efficiently. A logo can be added to the invoice form, if desired.
- Visit FreewareFiles.com to learn about Super Invoice 1.02. This option also allows users to add a company logo. The fields on the invoice form can be customized to meet the needs of the individual business owner; this is a great feature. Once the invoice is completed, it can be e-mailed to the customer (in JPEG format) or printed off to be sent by regular mail.
- CG Invoicer can be downloaded from the Internet and offers a free trial until your company is preparing invoices for 10 or more customers. In addition to simply generating invoices as needed, CG Invoicer allows business owners to keep track of overdue invoices and customer buying patterns.
- Citrusware offers the Invoicer software program at no charge. If you need something other than a basic invoicing program, you have the option of buying Citrus Invoicer.
- Visit the Software Picks Network to download your copy of XS Invoicing. This freeware product doesn't just do invoicing; it can also generate price lists, reminders, reports, and much more!
As you can see, you have many options when it comes to finding free invoice forms online. No matter which one you choose, make sure you get your invoices out to your customers on a regular basis.