Do you have a need to input detailed information about revenue and operational costs into a spreadsheet? If so, you can create a professional Profit and Loss (P&L) Statement in minutes that will impress almost any accountant. More importantly, it will provide pivotal insights and allow you to make informed, data-driven business decisions.
Free Profit and Loss Blank Form
Just one click and this free P&L statement is yours for the taking. Here are a few pointers for filling out this easy form:
- Add your company name and the dates covered at the top of the form.
- To add a line item, just click the "Plus" button, and a new line will appear.
- To delete any line item, click the "Minus" button, and that line will disappear.
- All the formulas have been calculated for you, so you have only to record your revenue and expense numbers in the blue boxes.
- The Love to Know logo will not print on your form.
If you need help downloading the printable, check out these helpful tips.
A Helpful Reporting Tool
The P&L Statement is one of the most basic -and yet one of the most helpful reporting tools- for any business. Know instantly how much revenue you generated and where your money went. At a glance, see:
- Revenue, less cost
- Overhead expenses
- Taxes paid
- Net profit
Why You Need a P&L Statement
P&L Statements serve a variety of purposes:
- If you apply for funding, whether from loans or investors, this document can be used to demonstrate a healthy financial base.
- Project your company's future financial position.
- Track expenses to deduct on your income taxes.
Explore Future Options
Save the completed document, as you normally would, but also save it under a different name (ex: P&LExperimental). Use the second form to play with the numbers, creating "what if" scenarios. By inputting different numbers, you can find out instantly what would happen if sales grew by three percent, or if you trimmed shipping costs by ten percent, or whatever scenario you would like to explore.